dinsdag 23 februari 2010

Promise you won't laugh ...

What's the connection between these two?


Okay, I'll share this embarrassing story. The other night I finally fell asleep, which is a luxury being a mum of a newborn. And when I sleep these days, I sleep DEEP. Which means I dream very intense. Well, here is what I dreamt the other day.
Me and my sis were at a Bruce Springsteen gig. Not a big concert, but just for a small party. As we had visited a Springsteen concert before, we assumed Bruce already knew us, so we stood in front, face to face with the band. Of course Bruce would recognize us, as if we were old friends. Then Bruce started to dance to the music with one of the girls. It only lasted shortly, then he reached his hand to me, to invite me to dance with him. I floated towards him and got ready to be swayed in his arms. "O my God'," I kept saying. Then I felt a rough pat on my shoulder. And again. My husband attempted to wake me up, because, yes: the baby woke up to be fed! I had to regain myself, slightly confused and dissapointed. Why? Why at that specific moment? I had a dream. I was dancing with Bruce Springsteen. In my little boy's bedroom I reminiscined the dream, looking at my babyboy drinking warm milk in the still of the broken night.

1 opmerking: